Tuesday 19 January 2010

The Cat's show must go on

The Cat's chemo blast, scheduled for tomorrow, has been postponed.

Tomorrow I will still take her to the vet but only so that her weight and general health may be checked.

Tomorrow she and I can unwind a little.

For the Cat, it won't be the usual shaving of fur, sticking needles into paws and neck, drawing blood and intravenously administered chemo drugs.

For me, it won't be the usual waiting to hear whether she has pulled through, crashed or is about to.

If I could find a way of telling the Cat about this maybe she might even allocate me a few minutes on her throne - formerly known as the computer chair.

If I could find a way of telling her how it took all my courage to speak to her vet to insist that the chemo be postponed, maybe she would find it in her already enormous strength to feel a little better.

Tonight, I think I'll just give her a languid grooming session.

She likes that, next to her cooked chicken, best of all.

4 comments:

Drifter said...

What is it with cats and PCs? Mine used to decide a kip on the keyboard was in order when I was writing!

Hope Cat and you enjoy the chemo-free break.

Old Kitty said...

Hi Welshcake

Cats are weird.

They always think the best time to kip on the keyboard is when someone's using it.

Weird.

:-)

Take care
x

Kea said...

Oh, dear, I didn't realize she had cancer. :-(

I'm so sorry...Sending lots of healing vibes and kitty kisses.

Old Kitty said...

Hi Kea

Aww that's ok!! As my vet says "she's a tough ol bird".

Thanks for the good vibes and kitty kisses - we both like them!

:-)

Take care

x